The ICM programmes in Tourism & Business Studies have been designed to provide participants with an understanding of the global structure of the industry and its component parts, and the business skills which are necessary for sustainable tourism development.
In order to enhance employment prospects the programmes incorporate relevant business studies subjects in order to ensure that participants understand the structure of business and business systems.
The programmes meet the needs of those who wish to work for Travel Agents, Travel Shops, Tour Operators, Tourism Authorities, Tourist Information Centres, Car Hire Operators, Hotel Groups and other tourism related commercial operations.
- Economics for Business
- Hospitality Management
- Management Theory & Practice
- The minimum age for registration for this programme is 18. Registration for the Advanced Diploma is restricted to those who have completed the ICM Certificate and/or Diploma programmes in Tourism.
- Prospective students who hold recognised alternative qualifications in Tourism or Hospitality studies will be considered on their merits.
- Externally set and marked by the Institute. Examinations are held in March, June, September and December each year. Candidates must be registered and paid-up Student Members of the Institute at the time they undertake the examinations.
- Examination Closing Dates
Candidates entering for examinations must ensure that their completed examination entry forms and fees reach the Institute at least eight weeks before the date of the examinations. Examination timetables indicate the closing date for receipt of entries for each sitting.
- Examination Results
These are normally distributed twelve weeks after each examination date.